So I'm alllllllll done with my teaching job. I got the place pretty much cleaned out Wednesday through Friday and have been gleefully enjoying the end of that. Yes, it's sad to leave the ASEC, but after this week of handling all the cleaning and all by myself, I'm VERY glad to be leaving. I was reminded of how much I was isolated and "on my own" there. Yes the lack of administrators and coworkers looking over my shoulder was nice, but actually, I never felt like it would have mattered. I think the lack of oversight encouraged me to be better and learn much more because there was no "buck" to pass on. Everything and anything ended with me. BIG responsibility, but my entire life up to mid-twenties (sometimes even now) taught me about being the "responsible one" and how to run and manage things.
So, stay tuned for Monday or possibly Tuesday because that is when I'll return from Grand Rapids with pictures of my new rental. I'm very excited and also I'm excited to meet my counterpart who I'm taking the place of at the Northern Lakes Special Education Cooperative. I meet with her in the morning. I get to chat with my boss too (the director of the coop). I have a good feeling about the job. I have a feeling though, that it will be hard -very hard at times - but also, since I was driving home from my interview two months ago, I feel like this will be an awesome challenge I am more than happy to tackle. I'm glad I have found a beautiful place to live because I'll need that sanctuary at times I think!! :-) Between that and meeting my landlords to go over the lease, I am planning on browsing the furniture and appliance stores in search of the perfect washer & dryer, bedroom set, living room set, and dining room set. Good times.
wow.......throughout this entire time I've written this, there is someone on the lawn sneezing A LOT and very hard. Good Lord, get inside, person!! I'm three floors up and I can hear the sneezes plain as day, so you can be sure they are LOUD!! Geez.....I've counted 7 or 8 sneezes so far! Gesundheit!!
No comments:
Post a Comment