There's two more days of work for me. I'm done on the 29th. I have tons of cleaning up and boxing up to do yet, but I'm thankful I have two days to do it. I should be able to get it all done! -well, I'd better be able to because I am DONE on Friday no matter what.
On another note, I got the rental I had wanted in Grand Rapids and I go to sign the lease on Monday. I'm very happy & very excited. I cannot wait to move, but I'm going to do it gradually sort of. Just a couple trips up there with some stuff I've already got packed and then a big move mid July. I should be settled by the end of July for sure. First order of business when I get settled is to buy a washer and dryer! I'm so very happy for just that!! Gone will be the days of lugging my laundry basket up and down three flights of stairs and planning on when to do laundry to do so around all the other tenants here...though it's a pretty empty building. I will have lots of cupboard space in my new kitchen too. Boy, am I excited about that! Right now I have my dishwasher and my hall closet full of cooking things and dishes. It will be nice to live "for real" now. And the fireplace in the rental is beautiful. I'll take pictures on Monday and post them when I get back to Ada.
I've been dieting and exercising lately under the supervision of a physician and have lost about 55-60 pounds since January of this year. It's been a long road and it will be longer because I still want to do much more weight loss, but since the first 60 was pretty fast, considering, the next 30-40ish will go slower and I'm absolutely ok with it. I do not wear "plus" sizes anymore unless I find something in the 14-16 plus size range that is cool. It's been frustrating though because I've got to buy a new wardrobe. That's fun -but it's expensive and very time consuming!!! Especially now that I'm pretty much broke due to putting down money on my house rental and renting a month sooner than I had planned in order to "get" the place. But I do believe it will be worth it. And since I'm done with work on Friday, most of my summer can be tshirts and sloppy pants. That's the best part of summer, I think!! :-)
I keep trying to figure out if I'm sad that I'm done working for the ASEC (area special education cooperative) and that I'm moving 2-4 hours away from the area I've been in for 10 years now. I am, I guess. But it's been a LONG LONG time coming. I wouldn't say I'm particularly burnt out at work, but I'm darned close. I think I did a good thing getting my administrative licenses and pursuing an administrative position when I did because another year or two of teaching would probably find me in that "not caring" and "putting in time for a paycheck" category of teachers. That would be terrible!!! I am sad about two things concerning moving though: I will really really miss my friends here and I will miss the complacent security of "no change". Moving to an area where you don't know anybody is a double edged sword. It's exciting, but it's very scary. I am a very strong believer that anything worth doing is not easy...and it's not going to be easy for me to actually, in reality, make the move. When I was in Grand Rapids last weekend looking at rentals, I had a few moments of almost absolute terror...because it was becoming very real. I'll have moments like that quite a bit after my move, when it all sinks in. I'm the kind of person where I do very well in crisis, tragedy, and change right away. After while, after I've totally jumped into something, when I'm sure things are "set" and I see people are "ok-ish", THAT'S when I'll allow myself to feel the grief, loss, fear, and other side effects of a major change -I don't even have to "let" myself...it just creeps in. I need more support later rather than during, I guess you could say. That's different from a lot of people I think. And that's ok. I get that way when I make big purchases for a car. I totally jump in and do it -sometimes very suddenly...then get nervous-sick about it a couple weeks to a month afterwards.
I'm kinda tired tonight. I almost took a nap after I got home from work. I did a lot of moving stuff today and ran to East Grand Forks to deliver some stuff and take care of some stuff, and by the time I got home after 6pm I was pretty tired. So, I chilled a bit, drank a diet coke, did 20mn on my elliptical, and then ate a chicken breast & broccoli supper. Tomorrow I'll be packing more stuff up, moving more stuff around (I have tons of stuff to take down to the high school yet), and starting to clean the place. Then i have to leave early to go to my physician appt in Fargo and then to Wapheton to deliver some of my personal school materials to a friend who homeschools her kids. Tomorrow will be an even longer day I think!!! Friday I have to finish cleaning stuff & make sure my internet and stuff like that gets shut off and then go to a graduation in Oklee for one of my seniors who graduated this year (by the grace of God, I tell you!!!). Long day Friday too.
Well, now you know my schedule for the next few days. Lovely. Just what you always wanted to know. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment