This past weekend, I spent laboring over my field study, trying to finish or at least outline the final two chapters (the results and discussion/recommendations sections). I sent it off to my advisor anticipating a week or two of waiting. Today he got back to me already and told me it was an excellent draft to build upon, just needed a few changes, and that he thought it was publishable. Now, I don't know about publishing it (who in the heck would want to read about it???!!! and what journal or magazine would actually WANT to publish it!?????), but i do think it is pretty good. Very interesting and a true labor of love. Even now as my head swims with the changes and expanding I will be doing next to it, I keep thinking of more things to add into it. That was my first problem getting started: I wanted to cover and study everything about my topic. I'll just have to keep my focus.
So, for SURE now, I will be defending it in June and will graduate from MSUM with an Education Specialist (Ed.S.)degree (38 graduate credits above a Masters) in August. How awesome is THAT!!??? Who would have thought 16 years ago when MSUM put me on academic suspension for 3/4 of a year that I'd get this far and be this awesome!? Well, I did, but I don't know if anyone would have believed me (I sure didn't at that time!). That's what hard work and dedication gets you, kids. Achievement and knowledge. Look around to some of your principals and even superintendents...many don't even have the specialist level of education/degree (and some have more, like a doctorate). In ten to fifteen years' time I will have a doctorate in something. Either a doctorate in education (Ed.D.) or "regular" PhD. But for now, I'll take time to live in the world of education administration for a while and fully take advantage of my EdS!
But until then, I need to find a place to live in Grand Rapids...somewhere that meets my "renting characteristic trinity" (garage, 2 bedrooms, laundry in-unit)...
No comments:
Post a Comment