Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm getting ready for a long weekend of revising my study. This week has been so incredibly busy I've not had a chance to do much of anything yet. I'm really looking forward to streamlining everything and improving the literature review. Hopefully I can be finished with that portion soon.

My mom told me today that they are going to get rid of my dog. Well, he's not MY dog, but I bought him for my dad, so I call him my dog. He's a seven year old Jack Russel Terrier who LOVES squirrels. He's getting older, very fat and he's pretty unhealthy lately -not to mention his extreme allergies that seem to be getting worse and longer every year (they usually happen only in the summer). Mom and dad can't provide the right kind of environment for him so they're looking for a new home for him. If they cannot find a good home or a shelter of some sort, they will be putting him to sleep. That makes me so sad, but I agree with them -because his quality of life living there has just not been enough for him the past few years. So if anyone knows of a good home for Buddy, please let us know. I'd rather see him live happily in an environment more suitable for him (a farm would be EXCELLENT because then he could run around and poke his nose into everything without getting picked up by the cops...which is what happens where he is now!!). He's AWESOME with kids and so sweet. He likes his rawhide bone every night and usually has a few half eaten ones stashed in various areas of the house. He does shed incessently though, and is such a sociable animal that he will drive you nuts if you aren't paying attention to him (another reason mom and dad's lifestyle isn't working out for him...they aren't home that much sometimes and he gets bored, sad, and starts chewing on his forearms). He's seven years old this April and has been a very good part of our family for such a long time. I will miss him so much!!! It makes me cry each time I think about it!

On a different note, I have to work at JCP tomorrow virtually all day and then in the evening it's field study time. Sunday is field study day as well. I guess nothing more is new. Another job opened up and I'll be applying for that this week (gotta get the study revisions done first!!). I've been watching the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon this week...and I'm not sure that I like it. It's boring to me and seems like it's either trying too hard or it's been haphazardly put together. I'll stick with Craig Ferguson I think!! :-)

1 comment:

Bob said...

Sorry to hear about Buddy. That dog has always been so full of energy. I can remember riding the four wheelers in the woods and he kept up with us the entire time.