Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Holy Freakin' Weather!

Yesterday I practically posted a book. This morning I'm just going to say: "Holy cow, NOW look what we've got. Overnight most places in my area received 8 inches of snow. Can you believe it????? Not only that, but it's blowing pretty good and we're in a winter storm warning until 3pm. I called into work today and am staying home due to very icy and slippery roads -I really don't feel it is worth it for me to go in when there's such a potential for dangerous travel conditions -between the snow now and the water, and of course the slippery roads, I both don't need that stress, and don't need that threat of slipping off the road into a water filled ditch/field. So, I'll work from home today.

A neat thing I found yesterday is a webcam of downtown Moorhead that points to downtown Fargo. It shows two of the bridges between the cities over the Red River (Main Avenue and Center Ave (moorhead side of river)/NP Ave (fargo side of river). There is also a railroad bridge between the two. You can see how high the river is getting and how close it is to the bridges. Apparently the NP bridge (the one on your right side) will be closed as of 9am this morning due to the rising river. 1st Ave bridge has been closed for a couple days already. That bridge would be to the right of the Center/NP Ave bridge and is out of range of the web cam.

You can find it here or on the Fargo Forum website (www.in-forum.com) -along with many pictures and info about our efforts up here regarding the flooding and weather related emergencies.