Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week One Finished!

Week one is finally finished! I'm taking a little "brain break" from reading a bunch of stuff my boss had set me up with earlier. My head hurts and I thought: I could go outside for a walk or I could do something else with my head to numb it for a bit. I am wearing BAD walking shoes so I decided to blog.

I have successfully finished one week at my new job. :) I love it. There are challenges -huge ones that will drive me crazy...this is NOT a utopia by any stretch of the imagination, but in a very strange, possibly twisted and obscure way, it is MY utopia. If that doesn't make sense to you, I'm sorry, but I cannot explain it. No, I'll be honest, I WILL not explain it. If you don't get it, you don't. If you DO get it, you are freakin COOL. :) Kudos you, smarty-pants; you are in good company, my kindred fellow(s)!!

Anyway, no funnies here today because I'm doing this entry from my work computer and I have crazy security on here. Actually, I'm surprised I could access this site. Haha!! Rest assured, though, every single key stroke is being documented and recorded for review later. I wonder what kind of job that would be....the person who goes through countless amounts of information a corporation generates everyday to ensure compliance of its personnel use policies. Ye-gads...I sure hope that position is paid well!!! I think reading articles on co-teaching and NCLB has given me temporary brain-drain -I could only imagine what that kind of job would be like!! :)

Ok, so I have been CRAZY TIRED lately. I think I might be dying. Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if I get diagnosed with a terminal illness soon. Too much stress. Ick. Thankfully things are starting to come together in my apartment and in my office here. Pieces of my job are starting to "thunk" into place. My apartment is becoming my "home" more and more every day. I still feel like a visitor to Fargo-Moorhead rather than a legitimate resident, but I suppose that will come. Probably next week when I have to navigate road construction between the cities' major byways. But right now, all I want to do is go take a nap. I think maybe I will sign off of here and go for a walk...maybe go down to the front office and walk the "circle", visiting here and there. I went on a long lunch with my two partners in crime...there are three of us program managers, and three is a magic number...it was a good lunch. There is a lot for me to learn just about the "hidden curriculum"...the things that I can't learn from a manual, etc. I am brand new to this district and nearly everyone in a leadership position in special education has been here at least 5-10 years if not more (like since the dawn of time it seems!!!). In fact, one of my very first practicums was done with one of the teachers who is STILL teaching in the middle school/junior high level. That was probably 15 years ago! It's amazing to reflect on how far a person can go in 15 years compared to some people who literally stay the same in 15 years. I think that would drive me absolutely nuts. 10 years is one thing, but 15? wow.

So here's to getting more sleep, going on a quick refreshing jaunt around office in a few seconds, and continued growth & development! Oh yeah, I can't forget the challenges that make life worth getting out of bed for each day! :)

No comments: