Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hooray!!!!

I'm alive!!! I did not die while getting my gall bladder out. I didn't die on the way to the hospital, before surgery, during surgery, in recovery, or afterwards, OR even on the ride home. All in all, it was a quick, pleasant procedure and I was surprised. I think what helped is that after recovery, I took some time and slept in the day unit before I said I was ready to go. I slept longer than the surgery and recovery combined took. Anesthesia knocks me on my ass and I generally hate it. Being able to sleep it off for a couple hours afterwards helped quite a bit, even though I think they were trying to kick me out because they needed the room. I got home around 1:00 I guess and slept some more.

One of my best friends from highschool came over with her sister in law & niece to visit and pick up some stuff I found her for her wedding next week. That was a nice visit. Then I just laid around, reading, surfing the net, and talking to mom. Today I slept in a bit til about 8:30 and then took some more pain pills and went back to snooze for a little bit until getting up for the day at 9:30. I have much less gas pain today (from the CO2 used during the laproscopy) but much more incision pain/ache. It's like I did 200 situps AND have been punched in the stomach and side by little midgets all day. Nothing me and percocet can't handle though! I love that drug because it doesn't make me feel sick, doesn't give me a "hangover" headache like other narcotics do, doesn't knock me out unless I want to sleep, and most importantly it really really dulls the pain very well. Vicodin is a close second, but I get a weird headache after that stuff. Codeine makes me very ill so its pain relief is not worth the sickness/vomiting it causes in me. And Demerol makes me feel jumpy and weird while not touching pain one iota.

So enough of that. Let's get to the real reason you tuned in today. I know it was for a pirate joke, right? well, folks, there are only so many pirate jokes out there, so I may have to start repeating myself once in a while -probably not even on purpose either!

here you go:

What did the pirate say to the sales associate at Target?

Aye, just put it on me tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrget charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrge!!

No comments: