Sunday, July 4, 2010

all moved in...probably, maybe.

I am *pretty much* alllllll moved in! I say pretty much because I have an old trunk full of old stuff and boxes of my graduate school junk at mom and dad's (that can stay there a while until I figure out what I need to have in my office & what I can just get shredded). Then I have some rubbermaid tubs of Christmas decorations, some rubbermaid tubs of "memories", and my Grandpa Rotta's old liquor cabinet at Albert's. I think that's it. All that stuff is just mainly storage for now. I still have my snow tires and trunk sandbags at a friend's house in Moorhead that I have to get out of there, but that can wait as well until he says "Get this out of my garage!!!!!!!!" haha.

I do not have places for stuff yet, but that's a process. I definitely have enough storage here. I'm kind of surprised at that because I didn't think that I had that much room here. I think that I actually have more storage space than I did at Grand Rapids. Less counter space in the kitchen, but definitely enough cupboard space. That is awesome!!

I did not hook up any cable or tv of any kind here in Fargo. Right now I'm going nuts! I found out that although I won't really miss out on live shows (except baseball...), I really like the tv to zone out to. I can't believe how much time there is in a day without mindless tv watching! I think I did this once before, but I'm not sure...I'm going to try to hold out as long as I can and not hook up any kind of cable. I will do the "bunny ear" thing or whatever that is now so I can get at least one local channel-I feel more secure with that. Also, I have to talk to the office manager about how I can hook up to the building's system without cable so I can have a look-see at who's downstairs in the entryway wanting to get in.

I've got to say, I'm really enjoying my decision to take the Moorhead job and move to Fargo. I got my ND drivers license on Friday and not only was it CHEAP ($10), it was also test-free (I had to surrender my MN license to them -but that meant NO test!) AND they print them off RIGHT away, so I was there for 30mn. 20mn waiting in line and 10 for the application stuff & picture. Then I left with my license in hand! I had bad allergies that day so I kind of look stoned in the picture...but whatever! I am hoping my plates & tabs are cheap and easy to get. Also, Moorhead's "internet for employees", their "extranet" is great and what I expect of an employer-everything is right there to access and you don't have to go through 2-6 different people who each aren't sure or who each contradict themselves. I guess that's important to me. I expect quality out of my employer because I know they expect the same out of me. I think that kind of stuff helps employees do their jobs better. And being new, it is a God-send.

I have to apologize but I don't want to put any funnies on this post. I'm funny-ed out I think...kind of in a funk and I don't want to get into it right now. I kinda wish I had tv so I could zone out, but I have a bunch of stuff to find places for in my kitchen before tomorrow night. Thankfully, I will FINALLY get a haircut. It's been a while and it's a wild beast on my head -it sure has gotten long, though. Wow. I don't think it's been this long since 1991!! and back then it was permed.

So anyway, thanks for tuning in. Sorry this was pretty boring-that's kind of how life is right now. :)

No comments: