Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday Musings

So people ask me how I'm losing weight. I tell them I don't eat sugar or carbs. OR that I greatly limit them. I eat a shit ton of vegetables and lean protein. That is all true. I do use Ideal Protein products, which are basically high protein low fat low carb foods to supplement my caloric intake (in the form of protein - whey and/or soy). I don't consider this a "diet" as much as just a tool, a supplement for me to get the protein I need because god knows chicken isn't that portable!! LOL! Needless to say, I don't like talking about Ideal Protein because it is more about losing quickly and safely. I don't plan on doing that forever because I plan to get to a weight where I maintain.

I'm not there yet. My weigh in today was crap. Well, sort of. I lost only 1.5 pounds...or less. I can't subtract. I weighed in at 171.6, so I think it was a half of a pound not a pound and a half (last week I was 172.2). However, I lost about 3 inches and my body fat percentage went down as well. So that's something. I start phasing to "real" eating in a week, and I'm somewhat nervous about that. My main goal is to maintain this weight loss. THAT is going to be a real trial and the best accomplishment-SO MUCH BIGGER than losing this weight. Yes, that is hard...but it is HARDER to keep it off and maintain a healthy weight. Then I will feel accomplished. Right now I'm just annoyed with people who want to "congratulate" me for my weight loss, who want to spend more time being interested in my extremely boring and lonely life, and tell me I've inspired them. When I maintain this loss for over 4 years successfully within 10 pounds, THEN I'll not be annoyed with that any more because personally for me, THAT IS a big accomplishment.

I don't have too much to say tonight. I can fit into most size 10 pants and even some medium shirts...But not comfortably yet. I am uncomfortable in size 12's and most larges as well because they are getting too big & saggy. So I guess you could say I am in between sizes. That sucks so I hope that things start moving and my size lowers enough to feel comfortable in one size for once. I guess that's coming.

I decided that size 8 is the lowest size I'll "try" for. In fact, even three months ago I did not think a size 8 would be a reality! Now it's looking more and more like a better reality every day. I'm pretty sure though, that I won't get into that size until I do another 8 week run of "clean eating"/phase 1 in the fall. But that's ok. I'm very much ok with size 10 for now.

No comments: