Well my goodness!!! It has been TWO MONTHS since I last posted!!! Here's what has gone on in that time span: I've phased off Ideal Protein and gained back 15 pounds I lost. I also went on a trip to Montana/Wyoming (Yellowstone National Park) on the back of a motorcycle, spent a week in San Antonio, TX with 20 colleagues, watched A LOT of X-Files, visited many friends, went sky diving, took in baseball games, and ate A LOT OF FREAKEN FOOD. Food that was incredibly delicious. Yesterday I put myself back onto Phase 1 of Ideal Protein - so I am restricting the hell out of my carbs. I plan to do this ANOTHER 8 weeks.
I began to feel bad about myself - how could I lose 80lbs to just to start gaining it back again? Have I learned NOTHING???
But reality and common sense crept in: 15 pounds is better than 80. I caught myself before I got out of hand and I'm fixing that. I have a hard time fitting into my clothes and I threw out ALL clothes bigger than 12's and even threw out some of my 12's!!! I literally have no clothes left and I refuse to buy bigger clothes EVER again. ALSO, I have NEVER been this size in my adult life. Ever. I was close in 2008-9, but steadily gained it all back and more. Where I am now - likely around 185 and a tight size 12 - is the heaviest I ever want to be again. THIS, what I am RIGHT now, is my "I'm too fat" size. THIS is where I am uncomfortable. THIS is where I know I need to do something. THIS is where I say NO MORE, GET BACK ON TRACK.
So I'm back on track and am working to drop these 15 pounds and go down another 15 pounds for a total of 30 pounds by maybe October, maybe November. That will put me around 150-160 and that is a great number range for me at my age.
Where did I go wrong? Well, I ate a lot of good food and ignored everything I had learned about separating carbs and fats in a meal. Did you know that if you live by those guidelines, you will probably naturally maintain your weight? Think about it: if you eat a meal rich in fat, you must make sure the meal is poor in carbs. Conversely, if you eat a meal rich in carbohydrates (even "good" ones!), you must make sure the meal is poor in fat. That means that you avoid eating pizza, most pasta dishes at restaurants, fries, chips, most if not all junk food, etc. You eat that stuff, sure, but like ONCE a week as a splurge because food rich in carbs AND fat are also VERY HIGHLY rich in calories and low on nutrition. So, you make sure that if you have carbohydrates as a food component, you cut the fat, which usually means cutting dairy, oil, fatty meats, etc. And then if you have cheesy stuff, butter, high fat meats, etc, you cut out the carbs. A baked potato loaded with sour cream, butter, cheese, bacon, etc is a no-no because that little side item is high in fat and high in carbohydrates==the perfect duo to pack on the pounds.
So I'm in phase one...going strong and re-thinking how I'll do things once I phase off again. I feel good and I feel strong. I'm sad because I will miss the beer and burgers and DORITOS!!!! BUT I'll be wayyyyy happier after 8 weeks. WAY happier. :)
PLUS: my clothes will actually fit well again!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment