Monday, December 29, 2014

Get Ready For Lotsa Posts

It's 930 am on the Day I Get Back To Loving Myself. I woke up at 7:30, lounged in bed until 8. Took my thyroid med & antidepressant, slapped on a patch (more explanation below) and went downstairs following the scent of coffee. I programmed my coffee maker to start at 7:30 this morning and I was very happy for that!  Sometimes I have GREAT ideas. :)

I took my vitamins and mixed up my protein shake and my vitamin shake. I've gotten one cup of coffee down & my protein shake. I've also done dishes, put up plastic on one of the living room windows (it was barely 60 degrees in here this morning- but 78 degrees in my bedroom), and got my stained glass stuff all set up so I can start on a new and very ambitious project.  There's some vacuuming to do next along with doing a bit of shopping after lunch. 

So along with Ideal Protein for my health, I have started taking new vitamins & mineral supplements. Le-Vel Thrive brand, as a matter of fact. Now, this IS a multi level marketing product if I cared, but all I care about is my health and I'm not seduced by shiny things or money making opportunities.  I'm seduced by feeling good about myself and just plain feeling good, energized, healthy & smart. And is stuff WORKS for me. There is a lot of caffeine in it and some weird "natural" stuff, but nothing that will harm me immediately or in the long run (believe me, I've researched this stuff, grilled my "supplier" ENDLESSLY, and have considered this for about 4 months now- and the amount of caffeine I have been eating in crap food & coffee is MORE than the content in this stuff...and maybe I'll switch to decaf!).  So it consists of vitamins (two capsules) every day, an optional daily skin patch that delivers more minerals and homeopathic stuff (like for energy & mild analgesic properties), and a vitamin/protein shake four times per week. In researching and analyzing the vitamin & mineral contents of the three of those, I've decided to supplement further with fish oil, more vitamin D and more vitamin B12. I'm typically on the low side of those two essential vitamins whenever I have my annual blood draw. In fact one year I was so low in vitamin D that I had to do some mega doses for a month and go back for blood draws periodically. 

So today I feel amazingly fat, bloated, and sickly. I'm guessing I will also be feeling pretty rotten as my body detoxes all of the sugars, simple carbs, and processed food by-products that I've been eating for the past four weeks. My weight on my home scale is up to 209. That means at the clinic it will probably be 214. That's disgusting because I was on my way to a fantastic goal by this time AND that's a gain of about 20lbs from early November. But- life happened, I got depressed and I seriously have a very difficult time during the holidays. I just want to hide from about November 15th through January 3rd-ish and longer if I still have Christmas celebrations to participate in. Luckily I am done with allllll of that. 

Some of my friends will be pissed cuz I'm not drinking booze or soda and I'm not eating anything but raw or steamed veggies, plain baked chicken, & my IP stuff --which means I'm not doing anything for New Years but staying home alone. Besides, I have a huge stained glass project I just started on & I'd rather create something than poison my body and emotional state more. 

This is day one of loving myself again. Thanks for coming along for the ride. :)



No comments: