Friday, April 17, 2009

A Job, A Move, & A Plant

Tonight I am resting easy because I was offered a job this week and today the contract was settled and green-lighted. The job is in Grand Rapids, MN -well, near there anyway. The title of it is "special education coordinator" for the Northern Lakes Special Education Cooperative, which serves 5 small (mostly consolidated) school districts around the city of Grand Rapids. It will be a good entry level job to the educational administration world and I'm quite excited about it.

That means, I get to move!! The job starts this summer (July/August), so I hope to start figuring out where I will live before then so I can move. I'd like to live in Grand Rapids, or as close to it as possible. They have a Target, you know. :-) My criteria for finding a job & relocating was two-fold: I wanted an entry level special education administration job and it had to be in an area that had a city/town with a Target store. I got my wish. A whole lot of hard work went into it and it's nice to see a goal met that was conceived 10 years ago.

Ironically, today was the last ASEC (area special education cooperative...my present employer) staff meeting of the year. That meant I got to experience some closure. I can't thank my supervisors enough for their support, the learning opportunities they gave me, and the subsequent awesome recommendations they were too happy to give during my job search. My coworkers, as well, have become good friends and a part of my life I will miss. For my "going away" present, I received a hibiscus plant. I hope I don't kill it!!! I don't have a good track record for plants!! The last one I killed was 6 years ago and I haven't subjected a plant to my care since then. So let's hope the thing can hang on until at least until my move.

I've got a lot to do before July. I have to finish my field study (which I defend on June 26th) and pack up this mausoleum I've created here. How much stuff does one person need anyway??? And how the heck did i acquire all this stuff!!???

2 comments:

gradualwisd0m said...

So proud of you big sis! I was pulling for you all this time and I'm glad you found something you'll love and near a Target!

Bob said...

Great job Angela! We will call you this weekend. Bob and Sue