This week has been hella-busy. I've almost literally criss-crossed the state this week for my job search. It's been fun and an awesome experience. I've learned more and more about myself and about the kind of job I want with each interview. It's been great.
I had to push my field study and subsequent graduation back to at least summer, maybe fall if the department can't hear my orals in the summer. I'm ok with that because it's been quite hectic for me and rather than stress myself out to the max (especially in the middle of my job search), I've decided that was the best option.
So this weekend, I have Friday off. I do have to work at JCP 3-9 Friday, but the rest of the weekend is mine. I am not going to do anything but watch tv, read, and sleep. After this week, I really need that. On Sunday I'll run home to Perham to visit the fam. I'd really like to partake in the awesome food spread that will be there, but I've been under physician's care for a weight loss program, Optifast, which has been going great. I don't eat "real" food, just their shakes, soups, bars -and have been for about 11 weeks now. It's incredibly nutritionally balanced, I have to see the doctor or dietician every week (and attend a class as well), and have frequent blood draws. All my "important" levels have been going down. they've never really been high, but with my family's history of diabetes on both sides, I decided this would be a good pre-emptive thing for me to do before I do develop health problems. Today my doctor and I decided that since I've been doing so well, I would do another 4-6 weeks of just the Optifast line and then work on transitioning back into "real" food. I'm very ok with that. I've already had to buy practically a whole new wardrobe and that will continue until summer I'm guessing. I've been very happy with the program though. I've been SOOO busy lately, it's been nice to get my food/sustenance from pre-measured/pre-packaged stuff I know is healthy.
BUT: I'll be able to smell the awesome food Amelia and everyone is making and appreciate it that way. :-)
Oh, btw, I finally named my car: Max. He got new mudflaps on Wednesday and he looks nice. Plus the sunroof got fixed so now hopefully when I go through car washes, it won't leak.
No comments:
Post a Comment