Saturday, April 25, 2009

Is This a Weekend? Oh, I Didn't Notice...

This weekend is my birthday weekend (Sunday is my birthday). It will snow again. As always. Last year I planned a Pampered Chef-combo-birthday party for myself, friends, and family. It snowed A LOT that day and the weather was really nasty, so I had to cancel the Pampered Chef party and have a small-scale party with my in-town friends. It was still fun...but the weather really put a kabosh on my joy for the day. This year it's supposed to snow again. It won't stick around because it's too warm, but still...wow. Almost every year on my birthday it snows or there is cold, crappy weather. Oh well! This year also, I have to work long shifts at JCPenney. When I got my schedule for April, I was sad that this entire weekend was filled with work. But then I thought, oh well! A birthday at this age is like any other day, so I thought, "So be it.". Sunday's are crazy and are my LEAST favorite day working there, so I really don't anticipate having a good birthday! Maybe luck will be on my side and it will be better. Maybe my boss will take pity on me today and tell me that she got someone else to work for me. HA! Actually, if it's going to be crappy weather, I'd rather be working and making some extra cash to buy myself a birthday present.

So, this weekend will not really be a weekend. In May I have only 2 weekends off and those will be filled with graduations and weddings. I want to go to Grand Rapids next month some weekend, so I'll have to try to fit it in somehow. Maybe a nice Sunday drive will be in order!

Last night I was in Perham at my parent's because one of my uncles that live in Arizona was visiting with his significant other ("girlfriend" sounds so silly for adult committed relationships!!!). It was very fun. I had a lovely time visiting with everyone -that's one of my very favorite things. I love just sitting around a table or around a living room or something just chewing the fat with people I love and even better, like!! I appreciate the good humor my family has and am glad that I can fit into both sides of my family. It did make me sad for a moment because I had wanted to find a job closer to the metro area so I could spend more time with my relatives in that area, but oh well! Maybe some day. I am excited for my move though and am excited to not "start over", but start a new chapter in my life. New job, new digs, new friends...it will be awesome and challenging at the same time. My favorite thing!

Oh-oh, I just took a look at my plant ASEC gave me. It looks horrible!!! Hopefully I haven't killed it already!!! I wonder when the last time I watered it was....hmmmmmm.....dunno! That might be the problem!!!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Happy Birthday Angela! We hope this new year of life brings you much happiness and successful challenges. Bob and Sue