Thursday, October 30, 2014

Gettin Colder

Well it is getting colder & really feeling as if winter is coming. In winter I always wonder what is wrong with me--why am I living here?? Then I suck it up & keep on livin. There's something to be said for a cozy inside & I'm putting my fireplace to work this winter as well I think!

As far as I know, I will be under 200lbs on my weighin day, which has switched back to Tuesday's. I'm still doing every other week, but I'm intending to add some gym & yoga time during my day too. Yesterday I had an enhancement on my right eye so I've been off work a couple days. I go back tomorrow for as long as I can handle it but this time my eye hurts more a few days AFTER surgery than before. The day of surgery was awesome, but I was pretty drugged up. Today half drugged up. Tomorrow I'm not taking the pain pills they gave me if I can help it, but if it gets too bad I'm gonna cave. Saturday I've promised myself I am getting a gym membership. With that is a promise to myself that I will go at least 12 times a month, to get the health insurance reimbursement and to show up for yoga class at least once every two weeks. I'm mastering the eating thing and the will power for that. However, I really have to work on the will power to work out and get some good strength training in. If I can do that, I can probably do ANYTHING. Haha. 

So I'm eating well & feeling well. I'm missing a good friend of mine who's out of town for a few months, but I'm using my free time now to work on myself. I'm getting some stained glass projects done that I've not been able to in the recent past and my next project is becoming a gym rat. I'm fitting into clothes I've had sitting on a shelf for 5-6 years and feeling good buying new things here & there. I feel very "lumpy" though- so some muscle toning is in order. 

The thing with big weight loss (I've lost about 50ish pounds so far since April), is the flabby residue of fat and the remaining skin. I think my weight loss slow down in the past few months has been good for my skin to catch up. Using firming lotion is also helping a bit too. My body will never look like a movie star's or even like someone who never was 270 pounds at one point in her life (2007ish). But my "scars"- my stretch marks and saggy skin are my battle scars with myself. My road map of where I've been and where I've struggled to travel to. They are my tree rings. My warrior tattoos & markings. They are a reminder of how strong I can be and the ability we ALL have to change what we are able to, even if it is very hard- and mostly when the way to change is unpopular & lonely. 

Things are good, friends. Life is good and full of love & adventure.  Just as it should be. 

No comments: