Well blog readers, it's been a while, huh??? I haven't felt like chronicling anything lately. Not sure what that's about but stuff has been busy. A busy time with my job, a busy time at home with stuff & a busy time with friends and loved ones. It's been a good September.
I did get back on my horse, but I took a two week break & my weight loss has stalled a bit. Right now I am at 207.9. This week I had WANTED to be at 197...but such is life.
I've been very good this week and honestly, I anticipate being very good for the near future. Some distractions (albeit very good distractions) and eating/drinking temptations are gone for a few months so now I can just concentrate on ME and what I want to eat. Maybe I'll get back on track and make my 161# by December 23rd. Maybe not. But I know things are working because I am totally OUT of the "women's" or plus size clothes. Completely. I went shopping today and bought a size smaller than I was wearing 2-3 weeks ago. That, my friends, is progress. THAT is what I gauge my success on.
I have a small tub full of clothes that I am aiming at fitting into by November and a few more I am aiming to be into by December. I'm pretty confident I can do it and now with my alone-ness for a few months (or more), I can really concentrate on ME and what I intend to do without going back on my word to myself about eating right & staying away from wonderful things like beer. :)
My goal is to stick with the Ideal Protein program and do some strength training -which includes yoga. The older I get the more I find I really need to "re-sculpt" my body. So many areas of flab need to be toned up -if that's even possible!! Who's to know - but I'm gonna try. It certainly won't harm me. Even if the weight numbers aren't going down like I want them to, my body should be reshaping and getting smaller. That's why people go on diets and lose weight - isn't it?? Of course it is!!!
Next week is October already. Can you believe it!!!??? September seems like it just began yesterday. In other news, I have some stained glass projects that are chomping at the bit in my brain to get done and I need to get them started and finished. Luckily one of my bestest friends lent me his apartment for a few months to use as my "studio" while he's away for work - so I should be able to get at least 2 REALLY good pieces done by Christmas and more "ordinary"/"ok" pieces done as well.
Next Saturday is the annual pub crawl with some of my other bestest friends so I'll go off the wagon briefly for that (and have a DAMNED good time doing it too!)...but all in all, I'm back on track. By October 28th (one month from right now), I should be feeling pretty proud and wearing some new (old) clothes. I should be back to "Grand Rapids" size by Thanksgiving to be sure and "senior in high school" size by Christmas.
How FREAKIN exciting is that????!!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment