You know, I've been thinking about this for a little over a year now. It's about the "housing crisis" or the "mortgage crisis"...
Really people. Did you really think that buying a super expensive house that you got a "great deal on a mortgage for" was a good idea??? With a bad credit score??? With little to no down payment??? With a variable interest rate???????
When you buy something on credit, you PAY THE BILL. If I bought a car that was far too expensive for me and I didn't make payments, I DO NOT GET TO KEEP THE CAR and I can't whine about it. Same with houses. Geez people. Do I blame the dealership that sold me the car???? Do I blame the lein holder that gave me the loan?????? If I blame either one of those, I'm an idiot. An idiot in so many ways.
MSN had an article today concerning just that -and I've got to say that I agree. Wallstreet's latest defense: people should have been paying their bills and this never would have happened. Even though everyone's blaming everyone else in this -wallstreet/banks/mortgage companies/the government.....WHO IS THE ONE WHO TOOK THE LOAN OUT??????
You.
Suck it up, America. If you can't afford to buy a house, DON'T. Who cares if you own your own home or if you prioritize your resources in other ways? Who cares if the only house you can afford is an itty bitty run down shack?? If you want to own something of your "own", make sure it's what you can afford. If you are this stupid, it's no wonder your kids can't pass state benchmark exams. Be smarter about buying probably the largest purchase you could ever make. If it's too good to be true...guess what? It is.
I have a difficult time having sympathy for folks who have had homes foreclosed and for construction companies who put a lot of resources into building homes people had yet to buy. How insanely silly is that?? I don't get it.
Here's a link to the MSN article
No comments:
Post a Comment