So how are you, dear blog reader? Read any good books lately? Have you seen any good movies? Got a favorite band you just discovered? Well, I hope all is well! I'm well. Busy as HELL. But well enough I guess!!!
I gotta say...sometimes stuff just builds up on a person. I've been trying to leave work away from home. When I go home, I am doing "home" stuff, not work stuff. That usually means that I'm AT work until close to 6, sometimes even 8pm. Trying to find balance is difficult when you've started a new job. I have to pace myself because there are a gazillion things I want to do...however, each day is like a virtual shit storm of fires to put out -and some hotspots to watch closely so they DON'T break out in flames. I think that's the most exhausting part.
Now, I'm not complaining. In fact, I don't think right now there is anyplace I'd rather be or any other job I'd rather be doing. Yes, it would be fun to be a talent scout or someone who "discovers" new bands. It would also be super cool to be an astronaut. But, real life is real life. And my real life is pretty cool so far, I think.
Even though by Friday I am fried and feel all used up, I still like where I'm at. Even though I have to deal with sad situations, infuriating situations, appalling situations, it's still what I want to do. When I was in high school, dreaming about being "grown up" with a career and my own life, I've got to admit...it's pretty darned close to what I had always envisioned. Minus the supercool awesome & hot husband of course, with one or two kids -after, of course my husband and I were finished touring the world and built our little (big) mansion on a lake...in fact, right smack dab on my favorite spot EVER to build a house (er, I mean mansion) on lake property. Where that spot is, is my little secret. Probably only one person in the entire world knows where that is, which is another story all together.
Want to know something that bugs me? This is petty as hell. But you know how September 19th is international talk like a pirate day???? Well, the middle school apparently thinks that it is October 19th...and the whole damned school is supposedly going to be dressed up in pirate outfits. I saw some of the hats this afternoon. I don't have the heart to say, "um....you DO know that international talk like a pirate day is in September...right??". The whole building is all pumped up about it. That's annoying because they've got the date wrong. Now all these kids will look like idiots their entire life thinking that international talk like a pirate day is in October and not in September. That's outrageous! Tsk, tsk. Silly Moorhead people!!!
I could post a pirate joke....if'n I had me one. But I don't. You'll have to settle for my favorite pun picture right now. If you get it, you are SUPER ass cool. If you don't, then, don't worry, not all of us can be this cool. Here's a hint, you've got to have been listening to the radio during the early 90's and enjoy grunge music. Actually, I'm not sure that the particular band who this is in reference to is actually grunge....but they came out in that era, so I guess they are. And Lithium, the alternative-grunge-rock channel on Sirius-XM radio plays their stuff, so they've GOT to be grunge I guess (lol). Anywhooo, here you are, lovely blog reader:
No comments:
Post a Comment