Saturday, August 21, 2010

no topic...just blabberings

I've been working on a post for a while now, but I just don't want to finish it. It's a work in progress and mainly a venting about school funding. Yuck, who wants to read THAT!!!??? haha! I'm sitting at Luther Family Buick & GMC (formerly had the Pontiac name in there too...*sob*) while I get my oil changed, tires rotated and hopefully an air filter. NO ONE ever has my air filter in stock...but I want it. No, scratch that! I NEED it, I have about 60K and I haven't changed it ONCE because it was never available and I was way too mobile to coordinate time to get it put in. Now that I'm "settled", things like that are so much more easier to address. Thank God for my move. I think I've said before that I know I was where I was supposed to be last year- and I still believe that. At work almost everyday, I am thankful for the crazy times I had working near "the range". It's amazing how much a person can grow in one year when immersed...sink or swim indeed!

Anyway, it's almost the end of August and September will start soon. I'm excited. I love the fall!!! I have to plan a weekend, maybe a long weekend this fall to go back up to GR and visit friends and nature. You know, exactly one year ago today seems like it was 5 years ago to this day -everyday, actually...nothin's special about today I guess!! LOL!!!! Time goes very fast when you're living life!

I'm in a sort at a loss of what to say today. You'll notice I haven't posted since the 9th. Things have been busy -as usual. And I've been intending to post...but I just get going on a thought and it's really not something you, my dear blog reader, needs to consume yet. :) I've also been thinking a lot about tolerance because of the controversy with the Muslim community center/mosque being built near Ground Zero (I still can't believe that name was established almost 10 years ago...living history). I have some relatives who are VERY sure of themselves either way. I'm in the middle. I choose things from both points of view and I understand each...it actually is a compromise that needs to happen between these two factions -and I'm talking more than just "agree to disagree" or "find a win-win". Sometimes you shouldn't just agree to disagree and often there are situations that are just so that it's impossible to find a win-win. The important thing is that you realize that whatever another believes, it is real to them. Whatever they believe, that's ok -that's the beauty of being human -no one can take away your beliefs, your hopes, your dreams, your desires, your dislikes, your loathing. The problem starts when we ACT on these and it starts developing a life of its own.

Ok, I'm getting "off topic" and my topic is nothing today. I'm gonna tell you about my day. Right now, I'm getting my oil changed and stuff (as I mentioned before) and next I'm going to find myself a coffee shop, drink some coffee -and hold the phone people--I MIGHT get a mocha, not just a regular dark roast black & unsweetened!! I'm kinda wild that way. (teee heeee). Then, I've got several movies I've rented this week to watch. Thank God I'm back in the land of cheap movie rentals!!! 4 new releases for $7.50!!! And did I tell you how much I'm saving on car insurance??? Forget the little lizard, just move to North Dakota!!! OMG...I'm saving $45 a MONTH on car insurance being a North Dakota resident. It's fantastic- and I'm SOLD. Not that ND is all that and a bag of cashews, cuz it's still *blech* North Dakota for God's sake, BUT it's really working for me right now. And, I'm most definitely not impressed by the MN candidates for governor. Dayton???!!!??? REALLY??????? yuck. I met him before when he was running around the time I was highly involved in Education Minnesota. I'm STILL not impressed because his rhetoric hasn't changed. And Emmer looks like a slob, is a hate-monger, and I have a VERY strong suspicion there is some mental health issues or some issues of inadequacy he's compensating for going on there. Now that I think of it, wasn't Dayton chemically dependent a short while back?? Or am I thinking of a different Mark Dayton??

So, yeah, *sigh*...I'm glad I don't have to vote in THAT race!! I'm nervous as to what that means for public schools...but I can't get on THAT topic, or we'll never end and I'll say stuff that should not be said...yet at least.

I think my car's almost done. I am VERY impressed by this place...so far and I've only interacted with the service manager and enjoyed free wifi & coffee. When I find a spot that "takes care of me" or that makes me feel like I'm dealing with professional people who show how much they value me as an individual, I am SOLD. Luther Family auto blah blah blah has me sold, for now.

So dear blog reader! Time to sign off. I'm out of pirate jokes. :( But guess what? What's a pirate's favorite twin-city town????????

Faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgo!!!

No comments: