I think I have had one of the bestest weekends EVER. Oh.my.goodness! So you read yesterday's post, right? (you'd better, my dear blog reader!!) After my super awesome time at Luther Family *insert American made car company here*, I went to Caribou for some coffee & did some work on my work computer. School's starting soon, teachers will be back next week for workshops and my presentation-slash-workshop-leading duties have begun. I love leading groups! Then I went to Perkins for some soup & salad and read a book for work: "The Five Dysfunctions of Teams". I highly recommend this book for anyone in any kind of leadership position. It's a fast read and VERY easy to understand. Then I went to a different Caribou and had tea while I read some more. I got home around 10pm and read one of my library books til late.
I didn't sleep well last night for some reason (ha-probably all the coffee & tea I had all night!!) and I got up at 5:30am for the day. I did a few things around the house and surfed the net a bit. Then it was around 7am and I decided to go to 8am mass. That was good. I missed St. Joes. They have a new priest for the college aged ministries and I swear to God, he has the EXACT same mannerisms as the character Ed Grimley. No lie -the weird arm movements and holding them up away from his body, and his voice intonations were the SAME! That was very amusing to me! Then I went for an early lunch at Village Inn (LOVE how they've remodeled...it's a retro cool) and read some more, then went to Dunn Brothers coffee and read the rest of the book. It wasn't even noon yet by that time!!!!! It was amazing!!
So then I came home, did 4 loads of laundry, installed two curtains for the bedrooms, hung the rest of my pictures, moved some stuff around, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, dusted my bedroom, sorted out my bathroom closet and tried to sort out my spare bedroom walk-in closet (but that's a bigger job for another day!) and finally sorted out my jewelry and put it away. All that before 6pm! I've been online surfing YouTube for some video clips to put into one of the presentations for a workshop I have to lead next week. It's now past 8:30 and it's time to quit working and do some leisure reading. I have a full day of leading another workshop tomorrow. Actually it's more like a work group because a group of high school teachers are coming in to hash out some goal and objective templates derived from NWEA rit score skill levels. Hehe...know what that is? Don't worry, you don't wanna know. It's a whole lotta work. SOOOO...I should really think about going to bed. I'm kinda tired out from my day of work. Whew!!!!! :)
But this was a fantastic weekend! I was productive, I still took time to relax, and I'm more or less ready for my work week!
Oh- I have to say something: I miss watching the Twins play on TV. I still don't have TV and honestly, the only things I really miss is baseball, news, and the food network -and baseball is the only thing I would actively watch. I miss the background noise the other two give me as I putter around the house or do other things.
SO now that I've spoken my sadness aloud I can go. Take care of yourself and the people around you! Thanks for tuning in!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment