Ok...So, I've got about 1/4 of my stuff packed and I've convinced most of those in my family with room to take some stuff to Perham for me, since it's closer to Fargo and there is a lot of stuff that I don't need right away. That kind of stuff can stay in "Storage" (i.e. my parents' basement) for a couple months until I have time to get it. Everyone was up this way this weekend for a birthday get together for my niece and nephew who live near Virginia, MN. That was fun! Last night I stayed late and got home even later because we had tried to have a bonfire before it got dark -well, it rained and poured, but we still had the fire and got soaked (most people left). So AFTER everyone left, the sky cleared up and we continued on our own. Andy, Amy, Tony, and Anna & I shot the breeze for a little bit until I decided to get going. I haven't heard how long they stayed out after I left, but Andy and Tony were running around the yard looking for more wood to burn. LOL
The night before that, Amelia, Tony, Audrey, and Anna stayed at my house. We had a good time then too. It was really nice hanging out with just my siblings. We're all pretty much old enough now that we get along, and if we don't get along, there's not much drama about it. Lots of people say that I'm lucky to have so many brothers and sisters because they mostly come from small or complicated families; but really, just recently since they've all grown up has it become nice. Being the oldest, and the oldest cousin in both families (and the only girl cousin for 6 years before another girl was born), it was never just relaxed because I spent most of my energy running interference (and I bet my siblings don't even know that) between everyone. Now I can just sit back, enjoy myself, and enjoy all of them too.
Today is a dreary day...a day good for sitting around, napping, and reading. I have plenty of time this week and next weekend to get some more packing done. I can't pack too much all at once because I'm still living here and having guests stay yet here and there.
so here's some humor for you today (and I hope you know some Monty Python humor...you're gonna need it for some of these!):




No comments:
Post a Comment