Friday, June 18, 2010

Onwards & Upwards,,,,

Today was my last day at my current job here in Grand Rapids. It was about a 2 hour day, to be honest. I thought it would take me longer to finish up what I had to do, but it took no time at all!! It is very weird to be done here. I had fully intended to be here a LONG time, and honestly, I could have chosen that easily. But as luck, fate, God's Will, or what every you want to call it would have it, it did not turn out that way. The board let the contract negotiations go on too long which made my eye wander in a serious tone to other district openings. Fact is, the Moorhead opening had been advertised for 2 or more weeks before I became remotely interested in applying anywhere else, even for the "fun of it". In fact, Moorhead is the ONLY place I chose to apply to because my thought was, if I don't get this, I'll either stay or find something else.

Anyway. Water under the bridge (once again). So this is the final packing weekend. My home is in disarray. Complete upheaval. Total chaos. Today I packed a bit when I got home from work, but I haven't done anything since around 6pm. That's ok. I have three more full days to go and I'm very confident I'll have the stuff done by then, probably early too. Then what?? I guess I'll enjoy the yard and the lake while I can. :)

Fargo/Moorhead here I come!!!

No comments: