Sunday, February 14, 2010

Still Sick...

Well, I'm still sick. But I tell you what. I've decided to start a new cold medicine. It's called "Irish Tea". If you know me, you know what I'm talkin about.

In a bit I'm gonna neti pot my sinuses, have another cup of tea, and mosey my way off to bed. I have lots of junk to do tomorrow.

When I was a kid, I was sick a lot of the time -upper respiratory stuff, tonsillitis, etc. My mom used to make me hot tea with blackberry brandy. AND feed me sudafed. AND tylenol. AND sometimes even Nyquil. Good times. Nah, just kidding, it wasn't THAT bad or irresponsible, but I was fed blackberry brandy. But not a lot. I drank more beer on my own here and there than my mother suped up my tea.

So when I have hot tea with a hit of alcohol in it, it's kinda nostalgic and I feel nice and warm. Makes me sleepy -not only cuz I'm getting smashed, but also cuz it makes me feel like I'm being taken care of...even though I'm just here to take care of myself.

Did I do anything dumb today?? not sure. I didn't do much. I finished off a box of kleenex though and have another one half gone. Hooray for me!

No comments: