Ugh. My cold medicine kept me up last night. I tried to go to bed at 9:30 last night and fell asleep for a little while, then woke up and was up off and on all night long. I hate being sick. I am supposed to go to Perham today for my dad's birthday celebration and to help put wood in the basement, but I think I'm going to stay here. If it wasn't a 5-6 hour round trip, I'd go for sure, but all that time in the car with my head feeling like a balloon and me feeling woozy from cold medicine that keeps me from hacking up a lung in crazy exclamations of coughing is not good. I just went to Deer River to get my license tabs (more on that in a bit) and that was only a 20mn drive and I was never so happy to just get home and sit in my chair with a cup of tea, kleenex box, and glass of water and just zone out. So, I'm sad, but safety and health first. Plus, I wouldn't want to spread this around to my family either!
Now for my license tabs. Have I told you how much they cost this year??? $338.25. Holy cannolis!!!! That's damn near my car payment!! What a crock -thanks Pawlenty for no "tax increases"...it just means that other taxes increase. Do people understand that?? State revenue has to come from somewhere and stupid people believe reduced taxes mean more money in their pocket, but it really means two things: You're gonna get hit somewhere else -inevitably, and state revenue is reduced so there is less money, more deficit, and more cuts to programs we've all become accustomed to lately. -Like education. Ok, no more ranting.
So yeah, my license tabs expired in January of this year. For a few days now (or more if that "10day after the due month" rule is bunk), I've been driving around in an unlicensed car. I've been breakin the law, breakin the law, breakin the law...as Beavis would try to sing. So needless to say, I've been a MODEL driver. No speeding, no "chances", no nothing to draw attention to myself on the road because I didn't want to get stopped with expired tabs. I have a scanner, I know how THAT comes over the radio and I know how the cops cite that. HAHA. I was lucky that the license bureau in Deer River had Saturday hours because no one else around here does, so I ran over there quick before noon to pick them up. They are pretty red "11" stickers. I like them and can't wait to put them on later when I clean off the spot on my plates. How goofy is that? :)
That's what I like to call one of my best procrastination examples of all time. I've also been putting off many other things: going to the chiropractor, getting my presentation finished for Tuesday, some other stuff for work, making time to deliver Christmas presents to Andy's family, buying a neti pot (which would help my clogged sinuses immensely!!), etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah, I need to get my hair colored too. Oh well! Someday I will accomplish all of these things. :)
thanks for tuning in! Here's your pirate joke of the day:
what's a pirate's favorite fast food restaurant?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrby's!!!
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment