I am in love. With facebook right now. Specifically, their English (Pirate) language setting. Oh. My. God. I wish you could see it and experience it. If you are on facebook, change the language to that for a couple days! It will blow your mind!!!!! It is weird and difficult to realize what certain prompts are because they are in pirate language, not "normal" english. Go onto your profile page, scroll to the very bottom and there should be a blue link to click on that says "English (US)". Click on it and choose "English (pirate)". I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! THAT is my pirate joke of the day for you!!!
Ok. So, I have to tell you about this crazy ass dream I had last night. I have NO idea what the heck!!!! I dream weird things -like my friend Jami's cat Lucky often comes over for tea, or Nickelback is eating supper at my Grandmas, or other weird things I can't think of right now!!! It started out with me being married to Jared Leto. He's an actor who was in several movies (that I don't even know if I've seen!!!) and fronts a band called 30 Seconds to Mars. Weird guy with an overinflated ego. I don't even like him (his band is so-so). But, I was married to him and we had an AWESOME house in the exact spot I would LOVE to have a house some day -one of my favorite spots in the entire world since I was a kid. (so now I know what I want the house to look like if I ever save enough money for that!!...oh, and if that piece of land ever comes up for sale when I'm ready to buy! haha). So anyway, yeah, then I went to work, which was some weird building where I met Robert Downey Jr because I was his probation agent or his handler or something. And he kept coming on to me and I was like DUDE! I'm married! Yeeesch!!. I had to take him around to look at apartments because he needed a place to live where he wouldn't be mobbed by his "fans" and we were in Moorhead at the icky Skaff apartment buildings just north of I94 near the Marriot and then we were in south Fargo, then we were in St Louis Park, and then some other city I couldn't remember. Finally, we were in a building somewhere and RDJ was doing his homework for some high school literature class that was run by this old lady -who I THINK was one of my old high school english teachers, Mrs. Klitzke but she was SUPER crabbier!!! I got him out of that class because I thought it was stupid. Then I had to make sure he took his drug test which consisted of 6 little pee cup things and everyone was worried he wouldn't pass. -suddenly there were a gazillion people around waiting for the results. Well, he must have passed because then we moved onto another classroom with this other teacher who was this stuffy guy who was kind of a dick. It was a literature class and RDJ didn't have to read exactly what the class was reading because it was like he was being "tutored on the set" or whatever childhood actors get their education by -except he was a grown man and no one was tutoring him so it was an independent study course for him. However, the teacher was a snob and wasn't going to accept RDJ's work on the classwork he was doing because it wasn't "exactly" what he had all the other kids in the class doing. I argued with the teacher and went into a litany of reasons why he was a terrible teacher and why doing the same thing didn't matter because it was the thought and the process of learning that was the important thing, not the spoon feeding of ideas from him -rather the spark of independent thinking that variety upon a theme creates and encourages.
So after that, it was time for me to go home for the day and I remembered I had to pick up ice before I got home because Jared ate the last bunch of ice for breakfast (weird). So I went driving in the country, this time I was in rural Itasca county, south of Grand Rapids, driving on dirt roads looking for an ice machine. I thought I found one, but I happened across this llama and I started having a conversation with him!!! We talked about the weather and the way my car was making a weird sound when it turned to the right. Then he told me all about how he lives out here but used to live in Colorado but walked all the way here because he heard it was nice. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weird. I don't remember really getting my ice, but I went home, walked straight through the house, onto the deck and down to the water and RDJ was there with my husband and they were playing dice games or something on the pontoon which was still docked & tied.
I woke up then. The weirdest thing is, I remembered mostly ALL of it!!!! That's how weird it was. I never felt distressed at any time, even when I was bitching out the teacher or when RDJ kept trying to come on to me or when I couldn't find an ice machine for a while when I just wanted to go home. It was the most "normal" feeling dream in forever -much like the Lucky the cat comes to visit and chat dreams...it's just like a normal day. :)
So, it was a good day today! I picked up all the branches and sticks in my yard that were blown off by winds this weekend, cleaned up the house a bit, did laundry, watched the twins game, read a book, and even went for a drive. Then I got home. In between all of that I discovered the Pirate facebook language.
I also drank a hell of a lot of iced tea, so needless to say, I am not tired AT ALL right now and it's after 11pm. I'm thinking about cracking open another book! I have to get boxes this week- that's on my agenda because this weekend I am packing up LOTS of stuff. Mostly stuff that some of my family will be taking with them the following weekend when they come through for a birthday party for my niece and nephew. Which also reminds me, I need to get birthday gifts for them!!! :)
Thanks for checking in! This one was a long one, I know, but I sure hope it was entertaining. I'm sure the dream thing is more like "you had to be there!!", but needless to say, you've got to admit, it was darnned weird!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care everyone! Be good to yourself and others. Be nice, be kind, be responsible, and be the bigger person. :)
1 comment:
OMG Angela! Please, I beg you, don't have those dreams analyzed. They would lock you up for sure!
Post a Comment