Hello. So, remember when I said MEA is the 3rd weekend of October in my last post?? Well, I think it's supposed to be the second. Regardless, I guess it doesn't matter.
On to my ramblings.
Today I went to Fargo for a doc appt, got a hair cut (don't know yet if I like it....tomorrow morning will be the test). I couldn't get into my regular stylist because she's only there a couple saturdays a month and a few weekends evenings after 4pm. That's a REAL bummer for me! She's awesome. So I made do with another person, who may be ok. It's weird going to a different person to have your hair done. They cut different, they even "set up" your hair different. Then, the smart ones will be constantly communicating with you, making sure that they are cutting the way you want them to. The dumb ones just go ahead and cut how they THINK they should and how they THINK I want it. I had a smart one today. Very nice person and she gave me a $5 off coupon too. So...I set up my next color with her. :-) We'll see how the cut works out. I didn't change anything (at least, I didn't want to), so if tomorrow morning goes well, I'll feel good about going back to get my color.
I obsess about my hair sometimes. Truly I do. I am a product snob and have become an appliance snob too. I will only use salon quality straighteners (the Chi (Farouk) brand has really become my go-to brand for appliances) and salon quality hair dryers. There IS a difference and frankly, I don't care what anyone says. Suave is NOT the same, neither is a Clairol or Revlon straightener or hair dryer. Nope. Not at all. And do NOT get me started on styling products. I know you don't have all night/morning/afternoon to hear about it. :-)
So today I was in Fargo in the morning, then I had a dentist appointment in Halstad. I decided to keep my dentist through this year. I like her and it's just two days a year that I have to go there. Completely manageable. My next appointment is on my Birthday. WOOOOO EEEEEEE! Fun times. Maybe I can score a whole case of Sensodyne travel size toothpaste. Haha. Then I went to my friend Jami's house for a visit. Their little girl is about 10-1/2 months old and it was fun to play with her and visit with Jami.
Right now I'm pretty tired. Driving will do that to a girl, I guess! :-) I was in the car for about 8 hours today. Ish. Got a lot of radio/ipod listening in though! So I've got that going for me, which is nice. :-)
Gonna sign off now. Gotta get to bed, maybe do some chatting on the phone still. We'll see. Tomorrow I have a MOUNTAIN of work to do because I've been gone to workshops and other appointments since last Wednesday. Ugh. I totally do NOT like some parts of this job -but as a whole, it's been pretty awesome.
One last thing: the conference I went to last week was the "MASE Leadership Conference" which is the conference for MN special ed administrators. MASE stands for Minnesota Administrators of Special Education...I think. What a great group of people. I'm very glad to be in this career/profession if only because of the nice but really smart people I met and hung out with at the conference. It was just awesome and I had a great opportunity to do some networking as well. Gotta keep one foot out the door at all times, I say, so keeping my eyes and ears open for new opportunities in sped administration is quite important for me. :-)
Ok, now I'm going. Falling asleep as I type. Not a pretty picture, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment